The school is committed to ensuring the welfare of the student and has put in place a support system which aims to cater for the pastoral needs of each student:
- Year Head and Assistant Year Head deal with pastoral and behaviour issues.
- Class Tutors meet with classes weekly.
- Mentors: these are trained senior students assigned to first year classes.
- Chaplain: involved with teaching, services etc. throughout the year.
- Counsellor: a trained counsellor meets with students three mornings per week.
- Two Guidance Counsellors: available for career guidance.
- Educational Psychologist: service assigned by the DES.
- Attendance Officer.
- HSCL (Home School Community Liaison): liaises between home and school.
- School Completion Co-ordinator.
- SPHE: a three year social, personal and health education programme delivered to all junior students.
- Cool Schools anti-bullying programme.
- Evening Study.
- Pastoral Care Team.